Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! Plus Resolutions (Sort of...)

I'm resolving to blog more this year. I usually don't like to make New Year's resolutions (too much pressure), but this is one that I think I can keep. I started this little blog in the fall of my final year of graduate school, hoping that it would become a creative outlet in my otherwise (temporarily) non-creative life. And it has been that outlet, albeit somewhat inconsistently, for the past 15 months.

I still can't believe that the holidays are over and that it's even time to start talking about New Year's resolutions. This holiday season was a quiet, relaxing one. I spent Christmas in Florida with my family, and in addition to home cooking and quality time with my family, I was treated to 80+ degree weather every day. This morning, I woke up in Manhattan, to 15 degree weather.

Today, in addition to brainstorming ways to stay warm (cranking up the heat and doing housework ended up working well), I've also been thinking of ways I can make 2009 a good one. So far I've come up with becoming a bigger risk taker and a smaller worrywart. And a more frequent blogger, of course.

No comments: