Friday, January 2, 2009

Can I Teach Myself to Sew for Less than $225?

Today I researched sewing classes at New York's Fashion Institute of Technology. I've always wanted to learn how to sew, and I'm even more excited now that I've discovered Vogue patterns ( I happily discovered them during a day-after-Christmas trip to the Jo-Ann Fabrics in Melbourne, Florida with my mom and grandmother). Apparently, Learn to Sew Like a Pro I will teach me all the essentials, and I'll go home with a pair of cotton pajama bottoms to boot. All for a princely sum of $225.

I'm pretty sure that I could buy a starter sewing machine and some fabric and use the Google to guide me through making my own cotton pajama bottoms at home for less than $225. Sure, one leg with probably be longer than the other, and my stitches will probably be visible from the inside and the outside of the pajama pants. Then again, maybe not. Just a few months ago, and after several failed attempts (spanning approximately five years), I finally taught myself how to knit...

No comments: