Thursday, January 29, 2009

Homage to the Super Bowl

I heard a rumor that some guys are getting together in Tampa Bay on Sunday for a little scrimmage. Okay, so maybe I'm not that clueless, but as I have confessed, college football is my game. I leave professional football to, well, the professionals. Nevertheless, in honor of Super Bowl XLIII, I offer these tidbits:

1. Former Republican presidential nominee and current Senator John McCain has learned to use the internets. He's been using Twitter to show his support for the Arizona Cardinals. ( I still can't believe they advanced all the way to the Super Bowl...)

2. If the game turns out to be a bore (let's hope not!), Essence offers this list of Super Bowl "hotties" to watch for ...

3. And finally, football is dangerous. Really, really dangerous.

1 comment:

RB said...

If the game turns out to be a bore... there's always beer commercials and the half-time show!