Monday, August 18, 2008

More Apartment Decorating

image source: La-Z-Boy Furniture (la-z-boy.com)
After a week of recurring nightmares about a white sofa and a glass of red wine, I've decided to consider an equally neutral, but darker color for my new sofa--a color that will not only allow me to change the look of my living room fairly easily with a new set of throw pillows, but that will also put up a good fight against a wayward glass of wine (I'm not even a big wine drinker, but I do plan to hone my dinner party hosting skills in my new apartment. And every good dinner party requires a great wine. Right?) After doing a little research, (thanks to Apartment Therapy, Consumer Reports, and HGTV), my heart is set on chocolate brown. And while I'm still looking, I really like the La-Z-Boy offering above. I'm imagining that this will look great with throw pillows in just the perfect shade of blue--a color combination I've been in love with ever since the Sex and the City set designers livened up Carrie's bedroom with beautiful, subtle shades of brown and blue.

2 comments:

LoftyLiving said...

You need to check out these sofas online at Simplicity Sofas http://www.simplicitysofas.com before buying. You can choose your style, select from over 50 fabrics and get solid wood frames that are lifetime guaranteed, made in the USA and get the contrasting pillows you speak of. I use them for my clients' condos and I cannot say enough good things about them. You should have your readers check out the website.

heather said...

Thanks so much for the tip!