Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh. My. Goodness.

Last night was an incredible night for college football fans like me. I actually almost missed the USC-Oregon State game--I was too busy watching the final season premiere of ER. (As an aside, the 35 minutes that I spent watching ER were a total waste. What happened to that show? ER used to be the most amazing hour of dramatic television. Today, it stinks. The acting doesn't seem authentic anymore.) Anyway, I managed to get my act together in time to catch the top-ranked USC Trojans fall to Oregon State! An unranked Oregon State. I was, and still am, so excited about Oregon State's win that my memory of the second half of the game remains fuzzy. As I recall, it went something like this: USC was down 21-0 at the begining of the third quarter. Then they scored one touchdown. 21-7. Then they scored another. 21-14. Then they stopped scoring. Then, late in the 4th quarter, Oregon State scored a touchdown. 28-14. At that point, Pete Carroll's face fell. The game was over, and he knew it. Then the game ended for real. Oregon State's coach teared up. Mark Sanchez threw his helmet (I think it was his helmet?). Then I went to bed with a huge smile on my face. Go Beavers!

No comments: