Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Favorite Finds

Several months ago, I blogged about some of my favorite fashion finds (at the time, the list included American Apparel tri-blend t-shirts, Tony Lama cowboy boots and a $5 black pashmina). Now, I'm back with a new list. This time, not every find is a "fashion" find in the strictest sense, but each find is fabulous nonetheless.

1. Marnie Rocks is a jewelry and accessories company that was launched several years ago by Houston-based independent designer and mother of four Marnie Greenwood. I've been following this company for at least the past four years, and it's amazing to see how much it's grown. The company is known for its beautifully crafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry, and in recent years, Marnie Rocks has begun to offer candles, stationery, and bedding. A few weeks ago, the company was featured on one of my favorite television shows, The View. Marnie Rocks!

2. Pacifica Moroccan Chamomile Apple Blossom Soy Candles smell absolutely amazing--something like a bright spring day, a steaming pot of chamomile tea and a flower-filled garden. Usually, I grow tired of scents pretty quickly, but this one never gets old! Plus, the packaging is so pretty. As a bonus, the candles are soy-based, so they burn cleanly.

3. Craft, Inc. is a "how-to" book written by Meg Mateo Ilasco. It's full of great tips and inspiration for aspiring crafters, designers, and entrepreneurs. It's also full of "inside information" about successful independent designers (including how they started their businesses and where to buy their products).

4. Real Simple magazine has quickly become one of my favorite subscriptions (and I subscribe to a lot of magazines). I love that it makes enjoying the little (and medium) things in life--finding the perfect facial cleanser at the drugstore, putting together a spring wardrobe, redecorating a bedroom--simple. Every month, Real Simple gives me a fun, new goal that doesn't stress me out. This month it's learning how to cook more than the 3 meals that I have mastered in my 26 years ( a goal inspired by the article, "11 Fast Weeknight Dinner Ideas").

No comments: