Thursday, May 8, 2008

Etc.

Confession: I've been studying for grad school exams (1 down, 1 to go), and thus I've been obsessing over them more than anything else this past week. But everyone needs a break every now and then. So, here goes!

1. As I've mentioned before, I love it when two seemingly different ideas/concepts/hobbies (e.g. fashion & sports (of course!), fashion & politics, politics & sports) collide. And so does the NY Times. In the Fashion & Style section of today's paper, the Times ran this fun article about the intensified coverage of the presidential candidates in magazines and websites best known for their entertainment and celebrity gossip coverage (you know the ones--People, US Weekly, TMZ.com). Very interesting! Apparently, John McCain celebrated his 71st (oh my goodness) birthday at a fancy Beverly Hills restaurant. See the footage for yourself at TMZ.com.

In other collision news, Tom Brady + Gisele Bundchen + Met Gala = Fashion & Sports at Their Finest.

2. The Rogan collection for Target hits stores on May 18. A preview of the collection, which features lots of modern cuts and organic cotton, is available here, courtesy of fabsugar.com. I'm hoping to find something in the collection that I can add to my treasure trove of "cute and really reasonably priced clothes I found when I went to Target for toothpaste and paper towels only."

3. The NBA Playoffs: I can't remember exactly when I completely lost track of everything that's been going on during the NBA post-season, but I'm pretty sure that it happened around the time that Jay-Z and Soulja Boy entered the fray during the Cavaliers-Wizards series. Unbelievable. Anyway, it seems that the Cavs play a second game against Boston tonight after losing the first game to the Celtics (final score: 76-72). And the Lakers, led by newly crowned MVP Kobe Bryant, have yet to lose a playoff game. I wonder if they can keep it up. Hmmm...keeping track of a winning streak could get interesting...

No comments: