Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Confessions of a Fair Weather Fan

This time last year, I was totally obsessed with March Madness. This year, not so much. My beloved Florida Gators didn't even make it to the Tournament this year, which explains my dejection before the competition even got under way. Belmont piqued my interest when it almost knocked Duke out in the first round, and Stephen (that's STEFF-in) Curry and his Davidson teammates kept me interested until last Sunday, when Davidson fell to Kansas. And now, in anticlimactic fashion, all four #1 seeds are headed to San Antonio for the Final Four. According to my dad, this is a good thing, because it means that the individuals who were tasked with sizing up the teams and setting up the brackets did a good job. I, on the other hand, think that this is a rather boring way for what is supposed to be the most exciting month in sports to end...

No comments: