Thursday, October 25, 2007

Major League Baseball Needs Love Too

I am told that there are some baseball games being played now. Okay, so maybe I'm not that clueless. But admittedly, I don't follow baseball as closely as I follow other sports. I was into the game back in 2004, when the Boston Red Sox rallied back from a 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees during the American League Championship Series (I was also into the "bloody sock" scandal that ensued). And I was into the game way back in 1998, when my dad took me to a Dodgers exhibition game (Admittedly, the game was secondary; I was most excited about the hot dogs and the giant sodas. And about hanging out with my dad).

Digressions aside, Colorado and Boston are playing in the World Series. Congratulations Rockies and Red Sox fans! I haven't been keeping up at all, but if I were forced to pick a favorite, I'd go with the Rockies. They're young (est. 1993), this is the first trip to the Series for the franchise, and, since the Red Sox ended their curse in 2004, it's now someone else's turn to win.

Colorado lost to Boston 13-1 last night. Yikes! Here's hoping the Rockies fare better tonight.

More:
Real Coverage of the World Series (ESPN)

No comments: