Saturday, November 24, 2007

Two Things I'm Thankful For...

It's Thanksgiving week(end). I've spent the past few days in sunny Florida with my family, and I've had some time to reflect on two of the many things I'm thankful for...

1. My Family: On Friday, my mother and grandmother read my little blog and offered very helpful suggestions. (Thanks to you, Mom, for your help with the new layout--so cute! Thanks to you, Grandma, for reading a sports entry and spotting two errors. You were absolutely right; Oregon lost to Arizona 34-24, not 34-34). Also on Friday, my brother braved the after-Thanksgiving shopping crowds with me at 5am to check out the deals that retailers were pushing in an attempt to save what has been a lackluster year for sales. (Thanks to you, Tommy, for driving us everywhere and for not protesting too much when I asked you to hold my handbag so that I could try on a jacket). And on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, my dad and I watched football games together. (Thanks to you Dad, for explaining to me that pass interference carries a different penalty in college football than it does in professional football. Note: While I'm a huge football fan, I admittedly don't know all the rules (yet), and I always appreciate when someone is willing to teach me).

2. This Year's College Football Season: I'm still a little bummed that Florida didn't have a better season. But this year's wildly unpredictable college football season has been so entertaining that I've hardly had the time to feel sorry for myself or my Gators (who, by the way, beat their in-state rivals, the Florida State Seminoles, 45-12 earlier today). The Arkansas Razorbacks' victory over top-ranked LSU last night (50-48 in triple overtime) was just one in a series of stunning upsets that has left me and college football fans everywhere wondering who will have a BCS National Championship Title to be thankful for in January...

No comments: