Friday, December 10, 2010

Color of the Year: Honeysuckle Pink

So yesterday's Color of the Day (a brilliant shade of blue) was totally upstaged by the announcement of Pantone's Color of the Year for 2011! It's official: 2011 is the year of Honeysuckle Pink:



As I've mentioned before, I'm typically not a pink gal. It's definitely not my go-to color, but every now and then I enjoy a bright infusion of a happy color, like, oh I don't know . . . honeysuckle pink.

In the spirit of open-mindedness, I've decided to embrace the honeysuckle pink trend in 2011. And so, beginning the first week of January, the color of the day for one day each week will be -- yes, honeysuckle pink. My objective? To learn just why honeysuckle pink earned this distinct honor. (Perhaps it's versatile? Or mood-boosting? Or maybe it's an unexpected neutral? Only time will tell!)


In other news, I'm headed to Florida this weekend to attend my brother's college graduation (congratulations, Tommy!) and hopefully soak up a little sun while enjoying some family time. In the meantime, I leave you with this image of (what else?) a honeysuckle pink-infused sitting room:


Happy Weekend!

No comments: