Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why hello, 2011!


Mini flashback: In the fall of 2007, I was entering my last year of law school. As part of an effort to maintain a healthy school/life balance, I started a little blog where I could indulge my love for sports and fashion. Over time, my interests evolved and I gradually found myself enamored of all things design: interiors mostly, although I can be swept off my feet by a beautifully designed anything (including a classic Prada leather handbag and a perfectly frosted chocolate cupcake).

As my interests evolved, so too did this blog. Last summer, I rebranded the blog as Ruby Perrin:Design, and I seriously considered launching an e-decorating service and an accompanying e-boutique. And while I may pursue those projects in the future, after a little blog soul-searching during the holidays, I've decided to focus my extracurricular efforts on the Ruby Perrin blog over the next year. This is good news! I'm really excited to continue exploring the world of design on the blog, to connect with like-minded bloggers and to celebrate the creativity of talented artists whose work I admire.

I'm planning some fun features that will debut in the coming weeks (including a weekly tribute to Honeysuckle Pink, Pantone's choice for color of the year, which will debut later this week). In the meantime, if you have any comments or suggestions about the blog, I'd love to hear them.

See you again here soon!

[lovely image via Pieces of Fate]

No comments: