Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Fully Stocked Bar @ Home

I know I'm not the first to do this (I could be the last), but I'm in the process of setting up my very own home bar. I think it was re-watching all 3 seasons of Mad Men that finally convinced me to do it. (P.S. Is anyone else having trouble waiting until July 25 for season 4??).

I have limited room in my 1 bedroom Manhattan apartment for a complete home bar, but I think that I can set up my very own "mini" home bar with an under-the cabinet wine glass rack (which I already have), an under-the-cabinet wine bottle rack (which I am in the process of acquiring) and this shelf from cb2, which I bought (and my mom installed -- thanks, mom!) last summer. I'll store bottles and a few bar accessories on the shelf.

I've been scouring the web for inspiration images for a home bar. Apartment Therapy recently featured this round-up of home bars, which is full good ideas. Here are a few more:

via decor pad (using IKEA Expedit shelves)


via apartment therapy


via restoration hardware



via pottery barn


via martha stewart

No comments: