Sunday, April 11, 2010

Living Room: Before and After

Last year, I submitted a decorating advice request to Apartment Therapy. I had gotten stuck halfway through my living room design project -- I just couldn't figure out how to pull everything together.

Here's a "before" shot of the section of the living room that gave me the most trouble (ack!):


And here are some other "before" shots of the living room:



And now, here are some "after" shots (and by after, I mean (a) after numerous trips to Target, IKEA (I firmly believe that a plan + an edited shopping list + IKEA in small, targeted doses = success), Pearl River Mart, Anthropologie and Brooklyn Flea, and (b) after two visits from my parents, during which they hung wallpaper and assisted with other decorating projects -- thanks, Mom & Dad!):







I've had so much decorating over the past few months that I'm sure my living room will continue to evolve. But I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made so far!

No comments: