Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apartment Inspiration

Work has been pretty stressful this week -- not as stressful as the week before last (that was more like one really, really long day), but this week was stressful enough. I suppose I should have known something was up when I found myself staying up until 3 a.m. on Sunday night/Monday morning, trying my best to complete a complicated (some would say impossible) assignment. I try not to dwell on the stressful aspects of my job, though. Instead, I choose to focus on the fact that in this economic environment, I should consider myself lucky (and I do) to have a job.

One thing I like to do when I feel stressed is to focus on things that make me happy . . . like decorating my first non-studio apartment (the apartment is, and perhaps always will be, a work-in-progress). With that in mind, I thought that it would be fun to share the original inspiration for my apartment decor.

When I first moved into my apartment last September, I took a few minutes to take in the view from my 27th floor window. After overcoming my fear of heights, I noticed this beautiful building in the distance:


And here are some of the apartment additions that this little gem of a building has inspired in the months since:



No comments: