Monday, May 30, 2011

Three-Day Weekend DIY

I understand that I may be the last person to embrace this trend, but I've been eyeing chalkboards in the kitchen on some of my favorite design blogs for months. (Maybe years?) This weekend, I finally put the finishing touches on my own DIY-version of chalkboards in the kitchen. I found this great contact paper on Amazon.com. (And I followed this reviewer's amazing advice for "curing" the contact paper before using it as a chalkboard. Her method is fool-proof!)

This project couldn't have been any easier -- after measuring the cabinets and cutting the contact paper to size, I carefully applied the contact paper to the cabinets, smoothing out any bubbles as I went along. And that was it! It took ten minutes (fifteen, tops), and I'm really pleased with the results!

No comments: