Sunday, February 7, 2010

Geaux Saints!

It's Super Bowl Sunday morning! I'm really excited for today's game. After much deliberation, I've decided that I'm pulling for the Saints -- and not just because the Saints are the sentimental favorite (on a personal note, as someone who spent time in post-Katrina New Orleans, I couldn't be happier for the Saints and for what the team's visit to the Super Bowl has done for that city). In all honesty, the real reason why I'm pulling for the Saints is because the media's non-stop worship of Peyton Manning has triggered my tendency to pull for the underdog. Seriously, just yesterday I heard a sports commentator refer to Peyton Manning as the most intelligent quarterback to ever play the game. That may well be true (it sounds like a debatable point to me, but I really don't follow professional football enough to know whether or how to dispute this). But I'm inclined to think that this statement just might be part truth, part Super Bowl week hyperbole.

Setting the hype aside, I'm looking forward to what promises to be a pretty good game. Oh, and I'm also looking forward to the commercials. Although nothing's ever lived up to those talking, drinking Budweiser frogs. Who knew that talking frogs would be so funny? And scary.

No comments: