Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


The 2009 college football season officially kicks off this weekend. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Double bonus: I'll be traveling home to Florida for Labor Day weekend, so I'll be able to celebrate the start of the season with my dad and brother.

In honor of the upcoming season (and my giddy excitement), I will be posting a newly updated Girl's Guide to the College Football Season to the blog. Stay tuned for the first installment, which will be posted tomorrow at noon. This year, I'm also excited to introduce a new feature: the Stilettos on the Gridiron "Team of the Week." Each week, I'll be featuring a college football team on the blog. In the spirit of keeping everything at SOTG funky and unique, winning a game is not a prerequisite for being named Team of the Week. To be sure, a win can earn a team the SOTG Team of the Week honor. So can a gracious loss. Or a 2-second play that made for really great tv. Or an overzealous mascot. Or even a particularly memorable post-game interview from a member of the team. The possibilities are endless, which will make this feature fun. Most importantly, I promise to be objective -- the Florida Gators will not be the Team of the Week every week (unless, of course, they earn that honor every week).

No comments: