Friday, March 14, 2008

The Fan Is Back

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the first post after a two-month hiatus. So much has happened in the past two months--the presidential campaign continues to play out like a soap opera, March Madness brackets will be announced this Sunday, Jovovich-Hawk's affordable line has arrived at Target...I had no idea where to start, and this alone had discouraged me from diving into the blogosphere again. Everything changed when I stumbled upon this sports and fashion news: LeBron James became just the third man (behind George Clooney and Richard Gere) to grace the cover of Vogue Magazine--yes, that Vogue Magazine. Whether the editors at Vogue intended it or not, the cover has proven controversial, as some have questioned whether the depiction of James perpetuates racial stereotypes. (For more on the cover controversy, click here).

No comments: